Our agency, Womack, Claypoole, Griffin Advertising, was originally founded in Odessa, Texas by T.W. “Jack” Womack in 1953. After expanding its operations and opening new offices in West Texas, a Lubbock branch was opened in 1972. By 1975, the agency was a totally separate profit center, operating under the name of W.C. Griffin Advertising, Inc. In 1988, after changing the name to The Griffin Group, Inc., our advertising agency was fully recognized by all media associations – national, regional and local.
When Gerald “Jerry” Griffin retired in June 2002, Rusty Griffin took over ownership and operations of the company. Randy Wink became a partner with Rusty Griffin on July 1, 2006, as COO/Partner. Also joining the team was Brian Wink, VP of Sales and Marketing. At this time, the name would be officially changed to what it is today: GriffinWink Advertising.