It is no secret that technology and the use of the Internet from smartphones have changed the direction of advertising today. With billions of users on social media platforms, advertising on social media has become a vital component of digital marketing. For small business owners, social media is an amazing tool to help increase brand awareness and create leads. Keep reading to find out why social media is right for you and get customers liking, commenting, and sharing your brand.
Why social media marketing?
42% of the world’s population uses social media. That’s 3.2 billion users worldwide! With almost half of the world’s population on social media, these platforms are the perfect place for small businesses to engage with such a broad and vast audience. Additionally, 366 million new people started using social media in the past year. That’s more than a million new people joining social media every single day. With so many users on social platforms, your reach is limitless — if done correctly.
- Most used social platform with nearly 2.45 billion monthly active users.
- 89% of marketers use Facebook in their brand marketing efforts.
- Over 1 billion monthly active users.
- 83% of Instagram users discover new products and services on the platform.
Where do I start?
Before diving right in, business owners must first determine their business goals and what they want to accomplish. First, analyze your audience. Who are they? Decide what age, interests, careers, or behaviors link your audience to your product or service. Then, decide the location of your audience and what social platforms they are on, based on your target demographic.
One big question remains — how do you get in front of your audience, and how do you capture their attention? The answer to this question relies heavily on the execution of your social media marketing. Effective implementation depends on three main factors: creative, messaging, and organic vs. paid social media.
Things to consider when creating social media posts:
- Brand guidelines
- Unique content for each platform
- Static vs. video: Static posts are still pictures, and video posts are interactive images, such as moving graphics or GIFs.
- Consistent voice
- Messaging type
- Call to action
Organic vs. Paid:
- Organic social media is when you post something to your profile without paying advertising money to “boost” it. Paid social media is anything that is influenced by advertising dollars spent.
- Depending on the content, organic posts usually only reach about 2% of your following when initially posted.
- Paid social media includes objectives and can target users via demographic and behavioral factors.
Sign me up!
If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, GriffinWink Advertising is here to help. As an agency full of trained professionals, we can help you send the right message, to the right audience, at the right time. If social media marketing is the next step for your business, visit griffinwink.com today to learn more!