DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A GRAPHIC DESIGNER?
The ideal Graphic Designer candidate can understand high-level requirements. By transforming them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs, you should be able to take them from concept to reality.
Most importantly, your go-getter attitude is backed by your impressive skill set.
We seek a Graphic Designer to join our team at GriffinWink Advertising. This individual will work under and collaborate with our Creative Director to implement creative across digital and print media, adhering to the client’s brand standards. This person will be key in concept development and the creative process for collateral, print, digital advertising, and social media campaigns. If you are an enthusiastic, fun, engaging designer who operates effectively in a high-volume, fast-paced environment and wants to learn and grow, the GriffinWink team is the place for you.
As a Graphic Designer, you will:
- Develop concepts for campaigns
- Design layouts for print collateral
- Design campaigns for print and digital channels
- Create content for social media and email in collaboration with the content marketing team
- Coordinate multiple project components, including project processes, records, and organizational measures that support the department’s workflow processes, and collaborate with the Traffic Specialist to route projects for proof review
- Work alongside the web development team to design web page mockups.
- Align project orders and delivery expectations with all departments and teammates by utilizing project management software
- Utilize basic design principles to maintain a consistent visual brand across all campaigns and content.
- Periodically work with Accounts Team to perform branding and design consultations to understand the client’s brand goals better and desired aesthetic.
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate a commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern with each internal and external customer
- Other duties as assigned
Ultimately, we will train you thoroughly on the details of our programs and strategies, but you need to already be equipped with a positive attitude and passion for supporting people to get the best possible results.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Here are a few other things we look for in required qualifications…
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communication, marketing, or related field.
- 6+ years’ experience with an agency or in-house team, preferably with a B2C focus
- Strong portfolio showcasing work across campaigns, print collateral, and a range of digital channels (email, site, mobile apps, display, social media)
- Proficiency in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Expert knowledge of typography, grid systems, color theory, and composition
- Experience in digital design with a strong focus on mobile.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Responsive web design
- Experience in illustration and infographic storytelling
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Execute design concepts in a quick and efficient manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
Here are the preferred qualifications:
- Experience in ground-up Brand Development, including logo design and development of brand usage guidelines, will be highly considered.
- Experience in coding, including HTML5, is a plus.
- Experience in hand-drafted design, character design, and animation is a plus.
- Experience communicating directly with clients to gain first-hand design direction is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Hybrid office environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Major Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Team-centered environment